Higher Education commission (HEC) Pakistan Announces scholarship Project Titled “Balochistan FATA Undergraduate scholarship” for Undergraduate studies in all disciplines. Applications are invited from candidates having Local/Domicile Certificate of Balochistan Province/FATA for award of Scholarships for Postgraduate & Undergraduate studies in HEC recognized public sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutes or W-category Private Universities of Pakistan.
Applications are invited from the outstanding students of Balochistan and erstwhile FATA who intend to pursue Undergraduate studies in HEC-recognized public/private sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions of Pakistan. The Scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2020-21 in all areas of study/disciplines under the project entitled “Provision of Higher Education Opportunities for the Students of Balochistan and FATA (Phase-II)”, Batch-V.
Eligibility Criteria for undergraduate HEC Balochistan/FATA Scholarships:
- Applicants must possess Local/Domicile certificate from Balochistan Province/erstwhile Fata.
- Applicants must have completed 12years of education with at least 60% marks.
- Applicants must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date.
- The applicants who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Application will have to meet HEC and University eligibility criteria for admission in Undergraduate Programmes.
HEC Balochistan/FATA Scholarship Detail:
- Tuition fee and other charges (including hostel fee)- Maximum Rs, 60,000 per semester.
- Living Allowance of Rs, 9,000 per month with an annual increment of Rs, 500 for 2nd year.
- Book Allowance of Rs, 6,000 per annum.
- Traveling Allowance of Rs, 5,000 per annum.
- Initial Settlement Allowance of Rs, 10,000 once.
Important Note for balochistan and fata scholarship:
- Scholarship will be awarded on merit and District/Agency Quota.
- Applications will be shortlisted on the basis of Aptitude test (conducted by HEC) and academic credentials.
- Applicants gave to secure at least 50% marks in the test.
- The scholarship distribution ratio for students of Balochistan and FATA is 50:50.
- For further details, please visit http://hec.gov.pk/
How to apply for HEC Undergraduate Scholarships:
- Applicants are required to submit application online through https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/bfap
- HEC has rights to reschedule or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without any reason.
- Candidate’s applications in hard copy are not be considered.
Last date for submission of online applications Scholarship is Friday, October 02, 2020
Note: The applicants are advised to check their emails as well as HEC website regularly for any updates and are required to apply well before the closing date to get assistance in case of any inconvenience.
FAQS ABOUT Balochistan fata scholarships
All the general queries have been addressed below about scholarships for Undergraduate Program, if you do not find answers to your questions from the following, please send us an email to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. I am waiting for my intermediate result, Am I eligible to apply?
No, as mentioned in advertisement, applicant must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date. Result awaiting students are not eligible to apply.
2. My domicile is other than FATA/Balochistan. Am I eligible to apply?
No, only applicants having domicile/local certificate of Balochistan and Erstwhile FATA are eligible to apply.
3. What is Balochistan IN/Out and FATA IN/Out?
The applicants who have studied at F.Sc (Intermediate level) in the institutions located within the districts of Balochistan or Agency or FRs of Erstwhile FATA fall under the category BALOCHISTAN IN and FATA IN respectively. Those who have studied at F.Sc (Intermediate level) in the institutions outside Balochistan and Erstwhile FATA/FRs fall under BALOCHISTAN OUT and FATA OUT category respectively.
4. What’s the distribution of scholarships for Balochistan IN/Out and FATA IN/Out?
Balochistan IN & FATA IN : 90 % scholarships
Balochistan OUT & FATA OUT : 10 % scholarships
90% scholarships will be awarded on population basis to those students, who have done FA/FSc/I.Com/A Level or equivalent from the districts / agencies / FRs of Erstwhile FATA and Balochistan and they will fall under category FATA IN and Balochistan IN.
10% scholarships will be awarded for Balochistan Out and Fata Out Category.
5. If I have already cleared the NTS Test (or any other entry Test), would it be required to appear in the HEC Test for this Scholarship?
Yes, it is mandatory for every applicant to appear in the test after advertisement, conducted by HEC for award of undergraduate scholarships.
6. What is the maximum age limit for undergraduate program?
Maximum age limit for undergraduate program is 22 years on closing date of advertisement. No age relaxation will be allowed.
7. What is the requirement of marks for Undergraduate Program?
F.A/F.Sc/A- Level or equivalent with minimum 60 % marks.
You cannot apply for scholarship if your percentage is less than the required percentage.
8. Can I get admission in any University / Institute of Pakistan?
No, scholarship will be awarded to candidates for Undergraduate studies in only HEC recognized public/Private sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutes of Pakistan.
9. Can I send my application through courier or submit by hand?
Only online applications are acceptable. Applications submitted in hard form will not be entertained.
10. What is the duration of scholarship?
Duration of the scholarship for undergraduate degree is 1 year extendable annually up to 4-5 years as per the program enrolled subject to satisfactory academic performance.
11. Is there any scholarship application processing fee?
The applicants are required to deposit Rs.500/- (Nonrefundable) as application fee in HBL Account Number 17427900133401 and should upload the scanned/Image online while applying. Applicant must keep the original deposit slip safe for future requirement.
12. What kind of expenses are covered under the Undergraduate scholarship program?
Scholarship Program Covers:
- Average Tuition Fee and other charges including Hostel Fee up to Rs. 60,000 per semester/year.
- Living Allowance of Rs. 6,000 per month with Rs. 500 annual increment.
- Book Allowance of Rs. 5,000 per Annum.
- Traveling Allowance of Rs. 5,000 per Annum.
- Initial Settlement Allowance of Rs. 10,000 (Once during total study period).
13. How candidates will be shortlisted & what is the criteria?
Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of Aptitude Test Score (conducted by HEC) and Academic Credentials Scores. Academic record will have 50% weightage and Aptitude test will have 50% weightage for undergraduate program.
14. I have done O-levels & A-levels, do I need IBCC equivalence certificate?
Yes, equivalence certificates will be required for the award of scholarship.
15. How many Scholarships are available for undergraduate program in Batch – V?
There are 500 Scholarships available. The scholarship distribution ratio for the students of Balochistan & FATA is 50:50.
16. I am already availing financial assistance/scholarship from university/institution. Am I eligible for this scholarship?
No, the students already availing financial assistance/scholarship from any universities/institutions are not eligible to apply.
17. Can I apply for nomination against HEC reserved seats for the students of Balochistan and FATA?
The primary objective of this project is to provide scholarship (financial assistance) however, HEC has limited reserved seats in various disciplines in Public Sector Universities/Institutes for HEC scholars of Balochistan and FATA.
The applicant should try to get admission through normal channel (open merit / any other reserved seat) as HEC cannot guarantee the placement on limited reserved seats.
Placements on reserved seats will be on open merit for selected scholars only. PM&DC/Respective Engineering Universities minimum eligibility criteria will be applicable.
Those who are already enrolled in Medical Colleges and Engineering Programs will not be considered against the reserved seats but shall be considered for offer of scholarship, if on Merit.