CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE YEAR 2021-2022
Note: The deadline to submit online application on HEC portal is Monday, 18th January, 2021
With a view to enhance educational cooperation between China and Pakistan, the Chinese Scholarship Council, Govt. of China is offering Pakistani students/scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese Universities. On behalf of Govt. of Pakistan, HEC is nominating agency for these scholarships in the academic year 2021-22.
China Scholarship Council (CSC), entrusted by the Ministry of Education of People’s Republic of China, is responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Qualified applicants can apply for scholarship for undergraduate/bachelors, masters & doctoral/PhD programs in respective field of studies.
Designated Chinese Universities offer a wide variety of academic programs in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal Studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy and Fine Arts etc. for scholarship recipients at all levels.
Chinese Government Scholarship Program sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to undertake degree studies (Undergraduate, Master’s & PhD) including preparatory Chinese language studies for one year in some degree programs.
|Supporting Categories||Major Study (including preparatory years)||Chinese Language(preparatory study year)|
Tuition Funds. Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities.
Accommodation: Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy to each awardee.
Stipend: As per China Govt. Scholarship Program.
Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month (Min)
Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month (Min)
PhD students: CNY 3,500 per month (Min)
Travel expenditure would be borne by the scholarship winners themselves. HEC will have no financial responsibility.
- Applicants must be Pakistani/AJ&K national. Dual nationality holders are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants with incomplete degrees on closing date of application are not allowed to apply.
- Applicants for undergraduate/bachelors program must have intermediate/A-level/FA-FSC (12 years) of education and be under the age of 25 at the time of application.
- Applicants for Master’s program must have a Bachelor’s degree (16 years) and be under the age of 35 at the time of application.
- Applicants for PhD/Doctoral program must have a Master’s degree MS/MPhil (17/18 years) and be under the age of 40 years at the time of application.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship currently.
HOW TO APPLY
All the information provided in online application and attached documents must be complete, true, and correct.
- Apply online at: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ . Deposit Rs. 500/- through bank deposit slip in HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 at Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad and upload the same slip on the HEC portal for successful submission of HEC online application form. The fee can be deposited in HEC online account from any HBL branch in Pakistan.
- After successful submission of the application at HEC portal, retain its printed copy signed by yourself.
- Submit online application at CSC portal at http://www.campuschina.org/ or http://www.csc.edu.cn through program Type: A and Agency No.5861. Download the completed application form from Chinese Scholarship Council portal, print & retain a signed copy with yourself.
- For additional instruction about Chinese Govt. scholarship program, please visit the website of Chinese Embassy http://pk.chineseembassy.org/eng/zbgx/t1839130.htm and fill the Chinese Govt. Scholarship online application form on CSC portal carefully.
- Submission of online applications at CSC & HEC portal are mandatory. In case of non-submission of form on any of the above two portals, candidature will not be considered.
Note: Hard Copies of the applications are not required at this stage. By-hand or incomplete/saved applications on portal will NOT be entertained in any case.
- Required Documents:
Perspective applicants are not required to submit any document (hard copies) to HEC at this stage of application process. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit following documents in English or Chinese. In case of any other language, document must be attached with notarized translation in English or Chinese. To avoid any inconvenience later on, perspective applicants are directed to prepare application dossier as per following detail;
- Copy of signed application form of HEC along with original fee submission receipt/deposit slip of bank in separate spiral binding. No other document to be attached with this form.
- Copy of signed application form of CSC application portal along with following document;
- Attested copies of all educational documents, CNIC or B-form, Domicile, copy of IBCC equivalency certificate and HEC equivalency if applicable may also be submitted to HEC.
- A study plan or research proposal (200 words for Bachelors, 800 words for Masters & 1500 words for PhD), copies of any research publication & achievements (PhD only), language proficiency certificate or IELTS/TOEFL/HSK score (if applicable), copy of valid ordinary passport till March 01, 2022 (first two pages).
- Photocopy of the Physical Examination Record for foreigners should be completed in English. (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Physical Examination Record including basic blood test reports for foreigners as per China’ Govt. policy.
- The forms with incomplete records or without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Non-criminal Record (Police Clearance Certificate) not older than six months before the application deadline.
- Only PhD & Master’s candidates may submit two original recommendation/reference letters written by professors or associate professors of previous institution. If applicants have already got provisional acceptance from professors at Chinese Universities, please provide respective Professor/Potential Supervisor recommendation/reference letter as one of the two recommendation/reference letters.
- Apply to the target universities for pre-admission letter (optional) for Masters& PhD before submitting on-line application if available. HEC/CSC cannot guarantee the enrollment of your target university if no pre-admission notice is acquired from the applicant.
- In case of employment, No Objection Certificate (NOC) from applicant’s employer will be required.
- Make sure your email, telephone number, postal address are correctly filled in the application system as they are key to get you through during application process. Failure to respond to HEC or CSC in time may lead to automatic rejection.
- Submit clear, authentic and valid scan copy of each document required on both portals.
- No manual or incomplete applications on e-portal will be entertained. All applicants must apply online on HEC portal and CSC portal.
- HEC may conduct written test, interviews and/or evaluate candidates on the basis of academic merit.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the right to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose penalty, as decided by HEC.
- Only apply online before the Deadline Monday, 18th January, 2021. DO NOT send hardcopies of application forms or any other documents to HEC at this stage of application process.
- Saved, incomplete applications on portal and by hand applications will not be considered.