Applications are open for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for Ph.D. in the UK. Commonwealth scholarships are Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The basic criteria for Commonwealth Scholarships are to offer higher education opportunities to those who could not otherwise afford their studies in the UK. DFID Is providing around f £1,084 per month or £1,330, (approximately PKR: 250,000 per month) stipend, Return Air Ticket, Children Allowance, Spouse allowance, study tour allowance, and much more.
The application deadline for the HEC Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarship is January 18, 2021.
Benefits of HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for UK / FINANCIAL COVERAGE
The HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for and Ph.D. in the UK will cover the following:
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month or £1,330, (approximately PKR: 250,000 per month )for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018/2019 levels).
- Full tuition fees.
- Two-way ticket to UK (for the start of the program and at the end of the program)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Traveling Expense related to study tours
- Air Ticket for field work
- One Air Ticket for Home country during the studies
- Family allowances as follows:
- Spouse allowance of £233 per month
- Child allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16
- child allowance of £465 per month for Widow/Divorced/single parent the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
The deadline for submission of the HEC online application is September 30, 2019
Programs offered for Commonwealth Master and PhD Scholarships in UK
Commonwealth Scholarships for PhD in UK are for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, for fulltime Masters and Doctoral study (PhD) at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under the following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Visit the following links for detailed information
Duration of the Programme
The duration of the scholarship program is valid for three years for Ph.D. starting from fall 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Commonwealth Ph.D. scholarship UK
The admission is open under Commonwealth scholarship for the year 2021. Basic eligibility requirements are as follow:
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K national & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K. Dual nationals are not eligible.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
- For PhD scholarship, applicant must hold a first class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of applications
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two-second divisions are allowed but candidate must not have second division in the terminal/last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., at a UK university before September/October 2021
- NOT have commenced and be currently registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., in your home country or elsewhere
- Have the support of a potential supervisor from at least one UK university listed in your application form
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Two references submitted online to UK application system.
How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth PhD Scholarship UK 2021
Applicants are MANDATORILY required to submit only online applications at the Commonwealth and HEC website. Incase applicant fails to submit online application forms on BOTH websites mentioned at Step (1) & Step (2), their application will not be considered for further processing.
Step- 1 (Commonwealth Online Application)
- Apply online to Commonwealth (CW) Scholarship for Doctoral studies (PhD) through their Electronic Application System (EAS) at:
Step – 2 (HEC Online application)
- Apply online at the HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under the “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left-hand side panel of the online portal.
- While submitting an application online at the HEC website, do attach a scan copy of the deposit slip of Rs. 400/-(non-refundable) in the account of HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Sector H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd (HBL), Pakistan.
No application without submitting both Commonwealth Application form and online HEC form will be entertained in any case (Consideration is only if submitted applications are also complete in all aspects)
Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after successful submission to relevant portals.
Hardcopies of HEC application form (along with relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for foreign degree, statement of purpose, research plan/proposal, copies of CNIC, Domicile) & submitted Commonwealth scholarship forms (proof of minimum 02 references, placement letter) may be kept saved. They will be taken from shortlisted candidates only
DO NOT SEND YOUR HARDCOPIES OF APPLICATIONS AT THIS STAGE.
For HEC Portal: Deadline for submission of HEC online application is 18th January 2021 (1600 Hours PST)