How to apply for Ehasas Scholarship 2020
Ehsas scholarship 2020 has not been announced yet it will be announced in this month of June 2020. kindly wait for official Notification from HEC, After Coming of advertisement of Ehsas Scholarship the new portal will be opened for Fresh undergraduate students.
Please Stay Connected with us Ehsas Scholarship, Please Visit ehsas Scholarships official Site: https://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk/
About Ehsas Scholarship
PM Imran Khasn has launched the country’s largest undergraduate Scholarship program Ehsaas Undergraduate scholarship 2020. Under Ehsaas scholarship program, 200,000 scholarships will be awarded to the deserving students. In last Year 50,000 Scholarships has been paid by students. In ehsas Scholarship 50% quota is reserved for female students. Ehsaas scholarship is a fully funded program, which not only covers tuition fee but a monthly stipend will also be provided to the scholars. Now the Deadline for Ehsaas scholarships will be announced whenever 2nd portal will be opened.
What is the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program?
- The Ehsaas undergraduate scholarships initiative was formally launched by the PM on Nov 4, 2019.
- This is the largest ever needs-based undergraduate scholarship program in the history of Pakistan.
- Under this program, every year, 50,000 students from low-income families will be awarded scholarships for 4 to 5-year undergraduate degree programs.
- Over four years, 200,000 undergraduate scholarships will be awarded on need and merit basis o 50% of awardees will be girls
- 2% of awardees will be differently abled o It is a four-year programme commenced in Nov 2019 for the academic year 2019-20.
- Total budget over 4 years is Rs. 24 billion
Who is eligible for the Ehsaas scholarship programme?
- All students with family income less than 45,000, studying in any year of an undergraduate programme in any of the 119 public sector universities recognized by HEC are eligible to apply.
- The student’s academic performance will be monitored, and subject to satisfactory academic progress, scholarship recipients will continue to receive scholarship throughout their undergraduate programme
University or Organization: The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
Course Level: Bachelor degree
Award: Fully Funded
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Pakistani Students
Main Features of Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship 2019
- 50,000 Scholarships per annum
- 200,0000 undergraduate scholarships in 4 years
- 50% seats reserved for Girls Scholars
- Full tuition fee & Monthly Stipend
- Special Preference to disabled and students belonging to underprivileged areas
How to Apply for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship 2019
- Eligible candidates can apply online at http://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk/hec-portal-web/auth/login.jsf
- Complete application form can be submitted to the respective university’s financial aid office
- Do not submit the application form directly to HEC or BISP
Eligibility Criteria for Ehsas Scholarship 2020
- Students who are currently enrolled in Undergraduate degree programs in selected public sector universities
- Applicants who have secured admission on merit fulfilling admission criteria of the respective university
- Age limit will be followed as per university regulations for admission at the university
- Students already availing any other scholarship or grant from any other source are ineligible to apply
- Students who have secured admission on Self-sustain/Self- support/Self finance evening programs are ineligible
- Distant learning students /programs are ineligible
After submission of the online application form of Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Project , the applicant is required to take printout of the application form and attach following supporting documents:
|1||Copy of applicant CNIC / B. Form|
|2||Copy of CNIC (Father, Mother/ Guardian)|
|3||Salary Slip / Income Certificate (Father/Guardian, Mother)|
|4||If father is Labourer on daily wage / shopkeeper / private job, then attach undertaking of Income Certificate on minimum amount of stamp paper of Rs. 50/-|
|5||Copies of last Six Month Utility Bills (Electricity, Gas, Telephone, Water) – (If applicable)|
|6||Copy of Rent agreement in case of Rented House|
|7||Copies of Last Fee Receipts of Applicant and Siblings (If applicable)|
|8||Copies of Medical bills/ expenditure related documents (if applicable)|
|9||01 Passport size Photograph of Applicant|
|10||01 Picture of House from outside Front|
Important Note: The hard copy of the application form along with the supporting documents will be submitted to the Student Financial Aid Office of the university only.
How is the project implemented?
- Higher Education Commission (HEC) is the lead implementing agency for the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program.
- The program will support eligible students for 4-5-year undergraduate degree programs offered at 119 public sector universities recognized by HEC across all four provinces, GB and AJK.
- Students’ academic performance will be monitored and subject to satisfactory academic progress, scholarship recipients will continue to receive scholarship throughout their undergraduate programme.
- The tuition will be paid directly to the University whereas the living stipend will be paid in the bank account of the student after necessary verifications
Appendix: Scholarship Schedule 2019-20
- 4 November 2019: Announcement of scholarships.
- 24 December 2019: Deadline for submission of applications (a total of 132, 192 students applied for the scholarships).
- February-March 2020: Announcement by different universities of the scholarship awards
- 31 March 2020: Completion of the process for award of scholarships
- 2 March 2020: Disbursement of scholarships to first batch of students by the Prime Minister.
- 1-5 April 2020: Direct deposit of all arrears of stipends and reimbursements into bank accounts of scholarship recipients.
- April-June 2020: Monthly direct deposits of stipends into the bank accounts of scholarship recipients.
- 30 June 2020: All payments to students as well as universities for academic year 2019-20 are completed.
- 15 June 2020: Announcement of scholarships for academic year 2020-21.