MS/MPHIL leading to PHD SCHOLARSHIP
PROGRAMME for the students of
Applications are invited under the initiative of “Aghaz-e-Haqooq-e-Balochistan Package (AHBP)” from candidates having Local/Domicile Certificate of Balochistan province for award of Overseas Scholarships for MS/MPhil leading to PhD/PhD
a) Applicant must possess Local/Domicile Certificate of Balochistan province.
b) At least two Certificates/Degrees must have been studied in and obtained from HEC-recognised universities/DAls located in Balochistan province.
c) Maximum age limit as on closing date of receipt of applications:
- i. 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector universities/colleges and employees of public sector R&D organisations
- ii. 35 years for those having MS/MPhil (18 years) degree/qualification and applying for PhD programme
- iii. 30 years for those having MA/MSc/Bachelor (16 years) degree and applying for MS/MPhil leading to PhD programme.
d) For MS/MPhil leading to PhD. the candidate must have completed 16 years education or equivalent degree (Bachelors/Masters).
e) For direct PhD, the candidate must have completed 18 years education or equivalent degree (MS/MPhil).
f) 3rd Division or less than 45% marks in any degree/certificate during entire academic career is NOT acceptable. The candidate applying for PhD scholarship should have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (in semester system) or 1st Division (in annual system) in M5/MPhil or equivalent degree.
g) Candidate must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date i.e. January 22, 2019.
h) Candidate must secure minimum 50 marks (Cumulative Test Score) in Scholarship Test.
- i) For Medical disciplines, applicant must have a valid Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) registration certificate.
j) For Engineering disciplines, applicant must have a valid Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) registration certificate.
k) Candidate who is already availing any other HEC/Non-HEC scholarship is NOT eligible to apply.
a) Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of Merit and District Quota subject to the availability of seats for respective district.
b) The candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be shortlisted on the basis of Test and Academic credential scores.
c) Awardees will have to execute a bond with the HEC to serve in Balochistan province preferably in public sector universities/affiliated colleges/colleges for a minimum period of five years after completion of their studies.
d) Selected candidates may be required to fulfill the requirement of host country/university to secure admission, which may include international GRE. TOEFL. IELTS etc.
e) HEC may allocate any country/university to the candidate.
f) Government employees will be required to provide NOC when required.
g) For further details. regarding the Countries/Universities for admissions, please visit www.hec.gov.pk/
How to Apply:
• Applicants are required to submit online application form available at www.hec.gov.pk/ before closing date.
• Hard copy of applications and any other documents are not required at this stage.
• HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage. without assigning any reason.
Last Date for Online Applications
Online application should be submitted latest by
January 22 2019
The applicants are advised to check their mails & HEC website regularly for any updates and are required to apply well before the closing date to get assistance in case of any inconvenience.
Project Director. Aghaz-e-Haqooq-e-Balochistan Scholarship Project, H RD Division, Higher Education Commission, H-9. Islamabad.
Email ID: email@example.com
UAN: 051-111-119-431 0334-1119432
Note: For any assistance, applicant may visit HEC Regional Center, Quetta (61-A Chaman Housing Scheme, Airport Road, Quetta.