Applications are invited from outstanding students of Gwadar who intend to pursue undergraduate studies (BS-4/5 years Programme) from HEC recognized public sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions (DAIs) of Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Sindh. The Scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2022-23 in all areas of studies/disciplines under the project titled “Award of Scholarships to Students From Gwadar.
- The applicants must possess domicile/local certificate of resident of District Gwadar.
- Must have completed 12 years of formal education (FA/FSC/ICS/I.COM/DAE) or equivalent.
- The pre-requisite qualification must be acquired before the closing date. Students already enrolled in any BS Programme prior to advertisement (maximum one academic year/ session) may also apply.
- The applicants enrolled in any Public Sector University of Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Sindh are eligible to apply. Candidates who are already availing any other scholarships are not eligible to apply.
- Maximum age is 22 years as on closing date.
Scholarships will cover
- Tuition Fee, Hostel fee and other charges – maximum Rs. 120,000 per Year.
- Stipend of Rs. 6,000 per month.
- Book Allowance and Traveling allowance of Rs. 10,000 per Annam.
- Initial settlement Allowance Rs. 10,000 (Once).
- Candidates will be short-listed based on Aptitude Test (conducted by the ETC-HEC) and academic credentials. (SSC/HSSC). Candidates must secure the minimum passing marks in the aptitude test.
- Any expenditure over and above the cost given in PC-1 will be borne by the student himself/herself.
- HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Application in hard form will not be entertained.
- For further details and guidelines please visit www.hec.gov.pk
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to submit online application through HEC website http://eportal.hec.gov.pk
- The applicants are required to deposit Bank Challan/Bank Draft/Pay order of Rs.500/- (Nonrefundable for ETC) as aptitude test fee in HBL Account Number 17427900133401 (Account title: Higher Education Commission. Branch Code: 1742) in any branch of HBL.
- The original bank payment record/slip must be uploaded with online application and it should be kept safe by the applicant to present it at test centre (No one will be allowed to sit in the test without producing original bank deposit slip.
- The applicant must submit the online application after completing the application form within due date. Saved /incomplete applictions on portal will not be entertained in any case.
Last date for submission of online application form is December 26, 2022
The applicants are advised to and apply well before the closing date to get assistance in case of any inconvenience and check their emails & HEC website regularly for any updates.