SYLLABUS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSTS ADVERTISED VIDE ADVT. NO 01/2020.
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) (B-17) in the Local Government & Rural Development
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) (B-17) in the Local Council’s Service Wing, Local Government
& Rural Development Department.
- Sub Divisional Officer/A.D. (Civil) (B-17) in the Communication & Works Department.
Building Materials and Constructions
Engineering Materials, Building Construction, Functional Planning of building
Design of Structures
Design of RC Structures, Design of Steel Structures
Static, Dynamic, Kinetics
Strength of Materials
Simple Stress and strain, Shear force and bending moment, Deflection of beams,
Theories of column and struts, Thin and thick cylinders
Analysis of determinate structures, Analysis of indeterminate skeletal frames, Plastic
analysis of indeterminate beams and simple frames, Moving loads-shearing force and
bending moment diagrams
Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Engineering
Dynamics of fluid flow, Viscous flow, Incompressible flow through pipes, Compressible
flow, Open channel flow
Water Resources Engineering:
Hydrology, Ground water flow, Planning of water resources
Sanitation and Water Supply (Environmental Engineering):
Sanitation, Disposal of sanitary sewage, Sewer treatment, Environmental pollution
and ecology, Water Supply, Intake of water, Water storage and distribution
Hydraulic Machines and Hydropower
Hydraulic pumps, Reciprocating pumps, Hydraulic turbines, Principles of hydropower
Water requirement for crops, Distribution system for canal irrigation, Design of canals, Canal
structures, Water logging, Diversion headwork’s, Storage works, Spillways, River training
Surveying, Estimation & Costing
Surveying, Estimating and costing
Airports, Harbors, Railways, Roads, Traffic engineering, tunneling
Construction Planning & Management
Earthwork equipment’s, Concreting equipment’s, Planning & Management, Network Analysis
Design of Masonry Structures
Material, Types of structures, Types of stone masonry
- Edward Allen, Joseph Iano; Fundamental of Building Construction Materials and Methods; John
Wiley & Sons. NY 2004.
- Blyth, F. G. H. Geology for Engineers, Butterworth-Heinemann, 7th Edition, 1984
- Hibbeler, R. C. Engineering Mechanics- Statics and Dynamics, Prentice Hall. (10th Edition), 2003
- Hibbler, R. C., Mechanics of Materials, Prentice Hall, 6th Edition, 2004.
- S. Dutta, Estimating and Costing in Civil Engineering, 24th Ed. SOS Free Stock,1999
- H. H. West, Fundamentals of Structural Analysis, John Willey-New York, 2nd Edition, 2002
- Arthur H Nilson, David Darwin, Charles W. Dolan, Arthur Nilson, Charles Dolan, Design of
Concrete Structures. 2003, McGraw-Hill
- Building Construction: Principles, Materials, and Systems 2009 Update. Medan Mehta, Walter
Scarborough and Diane Armpriest.
- R. C. Hibbeler, Mechanics of Materials, Prentice Hall; 8th edition (April 1, 2010)