The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan is now accepting applications for the 2022 Fulbright Student (Master’s and Ph.D.) and Fulbright-Higher Education Commission (HEC) Ph.D. program, which fully funds graduate study at top universities in the United States. The application deadline is June 19, 2021. The Graduate Record Examination GRE is required for all applicants.
For the Master’s degree program, candidates are required to have either a four-year Bachelor’s degree or a Bachelor’s and Master’s combination totaling 16 years of formal education from an accredited university. Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply, except for MBA and Public Policy/Administration applicants, who require 2 years of work experience.
For the Ph.D. degree program, eligible applicants need to have a Master’s, M.Phil, or comparable degree (a minimum of 18 years of formal education) from an accredited university. It is highly desirable that candidates have work experience in teaching, research, or the public sector in Pakistan.
Application deadline: The last date to apply for the USEFP Fulbright graduate program is June 19, 2021.
For application form and details, visit: www.usefpakistan.org/fulbright
For queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility Criteria for USEFP Fulbright MS and PhD Scholarship
Pakistani citizens, residing and working in Pakistan, with strong academic histories in all disciplines except clinical medicine, are welcome to apply.
In addition to academic work, persons selected for Fulbright programs are expected to share information about Pakistani life and culture with their U.S. colleagues and with community groups in the U.S. On returning to Pakistan, Fulbright grantees are expected to share their U.S. experiences with colleagues and community groups in Pakistan. Successful candidates should be poised to assume leadership positions in their fields and must be committed to returning and serving Pakistan.
- Persons with a dual U.S./Pakistan nationality or those having a spouse, parent, fiancé or child over 18 years of age who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Employees of the Fulbright organization or the U.S. Department of State and their spouses, fiancés, siblings, dependents, children and parents. For programs funded by their agencies, employees of USAID or the HEC and their spouses, fiancés, siblings, dependents, children and parents.
- As a general matter, preference for Fulbright student opportunities will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright student grant.
- Persons already studying in the U.S. or on a work/residence visa in any country.
How to apply for the Fulbright MS and PhD Scholarship
A complete application package includes:
- An application form
- Three reference letters
- Your GRE score report and
- Scanned transcripts, including an explanation of the grading scale of the university issuing the degree, should be uploaded. Please note that HEC-attested documents are preferable with the application but degree and transcripts attested by the issuing authority will be accepted at the time of application.